Parler CEO John Matze recently indicated that his social media company is not down and out yet after a barrage of censorship directed at the site from Big Tech. He stated that he is “confident” the platform will be back.
In a telephone interview with Fox News on Sunday night, Matze that his team launched a static website and recovered the company’s data. Parler registered its domain with host sharing website Epik last week after Amazon Web Services decided to shut the site down for allegedly failing to moderate “egregious content” related to the assault on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
“Every day it changes wildly, but I feel confident now,” Matze said. “We’re making significant progress. When you go into Parler.com it doesn’t go into the void now, it hits a server, and it returns just one piece of information.”
As of this writing, when you go to the site, it shows a message from Matze saying, “Hello world, is this thing on?” which was his first update when the static page was launched.
The message continues:
Now seems like the right time to remind you all — both lovers and haters — why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media. Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both.
We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon. We will not let civil discourse perish!
The Parler CEO told Fox News that getting the static page up is a significant milestone.
“We’re going to be putting periodic updates there,” Matze said “We’re going to try to get an update out every day… so that people can stay up to date with the site.”
The company is suing Amazon for its decision to cut Parler off from its hosting. The suit claims that the decision is “motivated by political animus” and constitutes a breach of contract and antitrust violation.
Matze was able to recover Parler’s data from Amazon on Friday, which is also necessary to relaunch the site. “Now we can actually rebuild Parler,” he said. “It’s critically important.”
For a while, it seemed that Parler would not be able to recover from the Big Tech onslaught. During a Reuters interview, he indicated that they might not be able to rebuild the platform. However, it seems his tone has changed.
“Despite all of this, we haven’t even had one employee quit,” Matze said. “Not one, even with them being harassed and threatened, no one has quit… we’ve got such a strong team, this has just made them believe in us more.”
Parler has become increasingly popular over the past four years as social media companies like Twitter and Facebook began engaging in censorship practices that were blatantly discriminatory towards conservatives. After the Capitol riots, the far-leftists at Big Tech companies seized on the opportunity to suppress right-leaning voices, even going so far as to ban President Trump himself from their platforms.
Facebook and Instagram have reinstated Trump’s account, but Twitter has not. However, when it comes to Parler, Big Tech used the riots as an excuse to collude with one another to destroy the platform. But if one has been paying attention to the activist media’s years-long campaign to persuade its audience to believe that it is a dangerous platform, it comes as no surprise that they would use this moment to act.
Nevertheless, it appears that their efforts have failed. Parler managed to find another host, and if current developments are any indication, it will be back up soon. But there is no reason to become overconfident. We must remember something fundamental: The far-left does not value the idea of free speech, and its effort to suppress conservative viewpoints as possible will continue.
This is where the conservative movement must keep pushing to build its own networks with its own hosting to prevent the left from succeeding. We have found ways to subvert their hold on media in the past, and we can do it again.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Follow me on Twitter
View original Post